Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dreaming of White




My 5 year old son Warren told me right after Thanksgiving that every night he was praying that God would send snow. Well, He did. Soon after Warren's petitions began we got a few inches of snow and the boys were beside themselves with the excitement of answered prayer and sledding fun....but that is nothing compared to the snow we got last night and today. My son's prayers seem to have been answered in ways that I would never have imagined. After a few attempts to measure it all, it seems that we got around a foot of snow. It was amazingly white and so very beautiful.

So we spent the better part of our day, after the few hours it took to get all the layers, boots, gloves, hats, and trash bags (yes, I did say that...Ben put trash bags as the final touch over the boys clothes to keep them dry and it worked amazingly well) playing, shoveling, pounding and eating the beautiful white snow that covered our little piece of earth.





I suppose we'll be talking about this snow for years to come, "Remember that snow of '09!" but for now we are just enjoying the moment and no longer having to dream of a white Christmas.



No comments: