Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Finds: Green and Blue

My sister-in-law and her family are currently experiencing the excitement and exhaustion of owning their first home. Captivated with vision they are quickly transforming it from the 1980s to the present. This transformation has demanded a lot of toil and sweat and thinking outside the box. After pouring over paint colors, swatchs, and samples she was finally able to select the colors that represent her and her family (a very exciting prospect for someone who had to live in rentals up until now).

I must admit that I am an earthtones girl. I devoured the pottery barn catalogs with delight when they were selecting warm beiges, earth greens, and mustard yellows. Then the first of the new season arrived screaming bright colors of red, blues and all the cool tones they could muster and I quickly discarded it without a second glance. Is the trend really going toward bright colors??!! How could this happen?

My limited color pallette has definitely been broadening though and I took delight in painting my sister-in-laws rooms with Lafonda Mirage (a very nice blue) and refreshing green.
She has vision and I have been delighted to see it all come together.

My friday finds is dedicated to complimenting or reflecting these two colors.

Going Green



_________________


_______________


______________




_______________________________________

Feeling Blue




________________




____________________



_________________




_________________


2 comments:

circlelinestudio said...

Thank you so much for including one of my designs in your collection.

Kim Crist said...

I'm in love with that shade of blue- and birdies too. I find myself buying way toooooo many bird motif decorating items! Have fun painting, its always much "better with two"-like Winnie the Pooh. :)